Since as its summer now and it’s getting much hotter and many of you will be going on holidays, I think it’s really important to know how to care for your skin in hot weather. The beautiful sea above I took from my holiday in Zante last year! In the next few days I’m going to post about my favourite summer beauty products, that I love in the summer months! But for now here are some important rules to stick by:
1. Stay Hydrated
It’s so important during the summer months that you stay hydrated, drinking plenty of water is necessary to have clear, young, healthy looking skin. If your dehydrated your skin will be drier. You should aim to drink 8 glasses of water every day. Don’t skip the moisturiser just because your drinking lots of water, its important to do both…
It was a while ago when I did this tea tox, just before christmas. It is called Tiny Tea by Your Tea. There are so many crazes of teatox’s that you can do and I thought I would give this a go to help weight loss and bloating etc. Your probably wondering why I am writing this on a skincare site, well it amazed me how well my skin turned out after using this!
I did the 14 day tea tox (you can by 28 day ones) and in the first 4 or 5 days my skin completely broke out and I was almost going to stop drinking it because it looked pretty bad. This then started to clear up and a week later my skin felt amazing and really clear! I can’t 100% say it was the tea tox because I was eating really healthy too so that may have contributed. But I would really recommend trying this if you want to also keep fit or lose weight because it will give you glowing skin!
You drink it 3 times a day 30 minutes before or after every meal – this was a little bit difficult to keep up with!
I have also ordered their Skin Magic Tea but apparently I can’t use this at the moment because of the roaccutane I am on so I will review this in due course.
– Order your tea’s tiny tea tox here and also check out their other ranges of teas!
– abbie x
Yesterday I attempted my first clear skin smoothie – I got a blender for my birthday and am currently going through a phase of making many smoothies!
– Almond Milk: Contains a lot of Vitamin E (apparently 50% of your recommended daily amount) which works wonders on your skin! Vitamin E helps maintain your skins natural moisturisers and also helps protect your skin against sun damage. I hadn’t tried this previously, but absolutely love the taste, and it will now be an essential in my food shop as I know it will help my skin but also helps with weight management and keeping your heart healthy.
– Mixed Berries: Berries contain many antioxidants including vitamin C which is responsible for the health of collagen. They also aid in weight loss as well as lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. Blueberries in particular are known to reduce the levels of oil in your skin therefore helping acne.
– Honey: Honey is a top D.I.Y skincare product, there are so many face masks and scrubs people make using honey as the main ingredient as it is an anti-inflammatory and can help fight acne, eczema and other skin issues. I decided to add this to the smoothie to give it a sweet taste which isn’t fattening and also has these clear skin properties.
– Protein Powder: I just added one little scoop as this helps you to feel fuller for longer, and it also causes sugars to be released at a slower rate which helps your skin – blood sugar spikes can cause inflammation.
On top of this any other fruits could be added to make it more tasty – I added some Kiwi and Peaches to mine!
p.s. all of the page links at the top now work and take you to each individual page!